Are you interested in networking with other people involved with science communication and public engagement? Would you like an opportunity to form new collaborations and enrich your activities with new ideas?
The South-East Science Alliance (SESA) is your opportunity to network with those working in the field of science communication and public engagement with the sciences.
The SESA hopes to bring together all those in the across the South-East with the aim to discuss and exchange ideas
The main purposes of the SESA are:
- To promote public dialogue about science in its broadest sense
- To raise the profile of public engagement activities in the South-East of England
- To encourage the co-ordination of public engagement activities in the South-East of England
- To promote collaboration in accessing funding, staging activities and making the most of all of our resources to maximise public engagement with science
What is the SESA?
The SESA aims to achieve its main objective of aligning those involved with the public engagement of science in the following ways:
- Providing an online forum to enable cross-county partnerships, the forum will include an accessible directory of all SESA members with information about the groups they engage and partnerships they are looking to make.
- Providing a quarterly meeting in each county where SESA members have the opportunity to come together. Each meeting will have 3-4 short presentations from organisations in the region, followed by plenty of informal networking.
Who are SESA members?
The SESA is open to all those who are involved in the public engagement with science to audiences of all backgrounds and ages. The following organisations typically make up other Science Alliances round the UK:
Businesses with a remit for outreach/education including pharma companies
Colleges of H&FE
Science centres and other relevant visitor attractions
Freelance science communicators
Independent/freelance science communicators
The details of confirmed SESA members (and those who have expressed in SESA) can be found by clicking on the following link: SESA Members 
Join the SESA
SESA membership is free and open to anyone working to engage the public with science. Members will keep in touch via the SESA Google Group  which is used to share information about meetings, projects, events and discuss the issues of the day. The group is closed to the public to protect members' privacy but anyone can request an invitation to the group. Please go to the Google Group webpage and follow the instructions to request an invitation. There is also a LinkedIn Group  to enable extra online networking.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the South-East Science Alliance please contact Sabah Adams , or join the SESA Google Group  and LinkedIn Group.