2. Name of school/organisation:
3. Event / activity title:
5. Event or activity description (max 300 words):
We will be celebrating National Science & Engineering Week from 18th -22nd March at our school. All year groups will explore different aspects of Science throughout the week. We’ll have:
- Hands on workshops for all our pupils by 'Learning to work’, where each class will start making a working model (eg construct and program a robot.)
- Children will design and make their own models showing real life applications of Science
- Exhibitions on 21st and 22nd March where each year group will demonstrate their invention models and hands on science activities. Children from different classes, families and friends will have an opportunity to take part.
The main focus of whole week will be to do the most exciting Science activities in order to generate enthusiasm and love for Science; to teach new Science concept in order to develop scientific knowledge and skills; to use and apply scientific ideas in order to develop problem solving skills and understand the real life applications of Science and finally to do some activities with easily available resources at home in order to generate curiosity for further exploration at home.
We will also be inviting our local press to show fantastic work done at our school during NSEW and create a buzz in our community. We believe that it is going to enthuse our pupils, staff, parents and friends.
8. Event start and end date and time:
Monday, 18 March, 2013 - 09:00 to Friday, 22 March, 2013 - 15:00
11. Venue of the event/activity:
Khalsa Primary School, Slough
13. Venue telephone number: