To be eligible to apply for the Media Fellowships  scheme you have to fulfil the following criteria:
- are a practising scientist, social scientist, clinician or engineer and have a minimum of 2 years postgraduate experience in your field. PhD students are eligible although we don't recommend it due to the heavy workload.
- are employed, and based, part or full time in the UK or Ireland and you have a work contract/ research funding until December 2014. If you are not a UK or Irish citizen you need to have a work contract until June 2015.
- work at any level in an academic or research institution, industry, civil service or any other similar organisation
- have your employers/funders consent to be released on full pay  for the period of the Fellowships. Annual leave may be used for part of the placement.
Unfortunately we ARE NOT able to offer Media Fellowships to freelancers, those who work in PR or communications, or those who want to change career full time into science communication.
Steps to apply for a Media fellowship:
- Learn more about the scheme 
- Check if you are eligible
- Prepare your application  - top tips and advice
- Send us your online application  and your employer's letter of support  by 16 March