17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
This performance/lecture presents a series of visual challenges to facilitate the audience's move from passive to active engagement with the subject matter, encouraging them to think about their own experiences of gender and identity.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
Stage with tiered seating for around 200 people. With powerpoint projection facilities and lighting control that will allow video recording.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
This performance/lecture, well received at the Newcastle Science Festival in 2012, takes the audience on a journey to insight, enabling them to see that there are different ways of developing an understanding of self and others in terms of gender experiences. The performance/lecture involves experience and consideration of what influences our perceptions of gender, enabling the questioning of how realistic it is to accept and come to understand people of other genders, and to be a more inclusive society?
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
A new approach to perceiving gender, with the development of a Gender Cube app. A supportive process for people, on a gender identity journey e.g. spectrum-transsexuals; and for understanding gender behaviours in relationships. The Gender Cube can be used by designers as well as counsellors, in designing for gender diversity inclusion, with more appropriate products and services.
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
If watching the 55min video of the Newcastle Science Festive presentation of this will help, the url is: http://www.vimeo.com/50977358
1. Event Manager Organisation:
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
The Centre for Design Research
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
Department of Design
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname:
11. Do you have a preferred day for your event to take place on?:
Saturday 7 September 2013