17. What will the format of your event be?:
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
Further information, and help getting started with PrimeGrid would be available at our drop-in activity.
Venue and location to be allocated by the Festival team
20. Venue requirements:
Preferable close to our drop-in venue. Lecture theatre or similar auditorium-style seating would be ideal.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
PrimeGrid is a volunteer computing project that gives participants the chance to be the discoverer of a new world record prime number! In addition, we are working towards the solution of several mathematical problems which have remained unsolved for over 50 years. The talk will cover some basic facts about prime numbers, the history of the search for large primes, and show the audience how they can use their computers to join PrimeGrid and find new primes of their own.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
If possible, this event should be scheduled on the same day as (or on the evening before) our Drop-in 'What Makes a Supercomputer super?'
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
1. Event Manager Organisation:
EPCC, The University of Edinburgh
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
2404 James Clerk Maxwell Building
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
The King's Buildings
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
Mayfield Road, Edinburgh
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
0131 650 5201
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname: