Public exhibition from 29 August to 30 September 2013
17. What will the format of your event be?:
Exhibition, supported by talks, lectures and workshops
18. Please give any details about the format of your event you feel are relevant.:
The exhibition will be supported by talks from photographers explaining how they make their images and the imaging techniques they use to get their images; and scientists explaining how they make use of imaging in their work. These will be concentrated during the BSF.
Great North Museum: Hancock, Newcastle
20. Venue requirements:
We have the space agreed with the museum and the supporting facilities required for talks, lectures and demonstrations. We are working in partnership with the museum to present the exhibition.
13. Description of the core message of your event and key topics to be covered (c.100 words):
An exhibition of the world’s best scientific photography which shows the diversity and range of imaging and how it is used to support scientific research, and educating the public.
14. Does the event have particular local relevance?:
22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
Opening of this new exhibition Potential to arrange for photographers to be present, including those accepted into the exhibition We are aiming to have a well-known scientist open the exhibition Exhibition catalogue and reproductions of the images available
I am the event manager:
I am the event manager
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
This is the second exhibition of this type. The first held in 2011 attracted significant press and public attention and this exhibition is likely to do the same. BSF is the launch for the new exhibition and The Society would welcome the venue being used for receptions or other events if appropriate during the week.
1. Event Manager Organisation:
The Royal Photographic Society
2. Event Manager First Name:
4. Event Manager Address line 1:
5. Event Manager Address line 2:
122 Fenton House
6. Event Manager Address line 3:
7. Event Manager Postcode:
8. Event Manager Telephone number:
9. Event Manager Email address:
10. Which of the following areas of science does your event best fit into?:
3. Event Manager Surname: