22. Do you consider that the event will attract press interest?:
23. If yes, please summarise up to 4 key points you think will be of press interest:
1. Issues of religious faith in public life are topical in the media.
2. Subject is of general interest, not a specialist area of science, but science is often misused in the argument.
3. Faith is an important issue in a multicultural society.
4. The debate should address a common public misconception that science has somehow 'disproved God'.
24. Do you have any other comments you would like to make or information you would like to include?:
This proposal is coming initially from a new local group of Christians in Science, but we confidently expect we can find support from a wide range of people across different viewpoints, especially among students; for example, the current Science editor of Newcastle University's student newspaper The Courier, a professed atheist, when recently interviewing Christians from this group, says he would welcome a debate.