Engineers: Engage! - the specifics
The events will be co-created by the engineers and professional science communicators and can take many forms:
talks, debates, performances, demonstrations, competitions, guided tours or wherever the group creativity leads to
Each event will be planned considering any organisational constraints and the chosen target group. The engineers will have the opportunity to choose different roles in organising and delivering the event, from producing content to face to face interaction with the public.
We have selected a few examples of activities for youngsters but we will specifically explore how to engage families and adult groups with engineering and its processes. They may very well be surprised by what an engineer does.
- up to 25 July 2013: submission of expression of interest
- 1 August 2013: feedback on expression of interest
- August 2013: discussion of workshop dates and of any initial ideas
- September - October 2013: two half day workshops about communication, engaging audiences and events. It will include brainstorming about suitable events for the group, setting goals, roles and other practical activities.
- November 2013-February 2014: development and planning of an event with the support of science communicators. Two checkpoints to discuss ideas will be set on the workshops.
- November 2013 - March 2014: delivery of one public event
- April 2013: wash-up day
Time commitment estimate
(September 2013 - April 2014)
- two half a day workshops
- planning event - 15h to 25h
- event - up to one day
- wash up day (up to three engineers per group)
More about Engineers: Engage!