Do you work in the engineering industry? Do you want to let the world know why engineering matters?
Introducing our new project - Engineers: Engage!
We want to help engineers in industry get in touch with the public and share why your work is so inspiring, fascinating or vital! We are looking for partners that work in any type of engineering (civil, mechanical, chemical, medical etc) and we will work with you to train your engineers to be confident communicators and to create an event together to talk about the importance of engineering. Engineers: Engage is supported by the Royal Academy of Engineering.
What is the project about?
Challenging stereotypes around industry engineering: engineers are being invited to create an engaging public event about their work, with training and mentoring from professional science communicators.
What we offer
- free professional development for your engineers in communication and other transferable skills such as planning, team work and networking, tailored to your time constraints
- a chance to engage different audiences with your engineering work and raise your profile
- training and mentoring from experienced science communicators to develop activities that engage non-specialist audiences with your work
- development of communication skills and creative thinking
- increased confidence in engaging non-specialist audiences with your work
- small budget available to develop your activity
- a chance to dismiss stereotypes around engineering and show its impact on our everyday lives
Any group of five to ten industry engineers can apply, either from the same organisation or from the same area of work (e.g. chemical engineers).
The only requirement is that the engineers want to show why engineering matters. The engineers will have the opportunity to choose different roles in organising and delivering the event, from producing content to face-to-face interaction with the public.
We are now in contact with different engineers groups, setting up the workshop dates.
If you want to know more about how the public events can look like, the project timeline and the estimated time commitment, have a look at Engineers: Engage! - the specifics.
Engineers: Engage! is supported by an Ingenious grant from:
Get in touch: