Do you work in the engineering industry? Do you want to let the world know why engineering matters?
We want to help engineers get in touch with the public and share why your work is so inspiring, fascinating or vital.
We are looking for engineers that work in any type of engineering (civil, mechanical, chemical, medical etc) and we will work with you to develop an activity to be delivered during summer 2014.
If you are interested, get in touch.
Steps to get involved
- Check if you are eligible: this project is open to any engineer or group of engineers that can deliver an event this summer that shows why engineering matters.
Consider your availability: you will require time to develop the activity with our support (~25h) as well as to deliver it (1h-1d)
- Submit your idea. We will support four activities considering their feasibility and your motivation. A budget will be available for consumables.
What we offer
- training and mentoring from experienced science communicators to develop activities that engage non-specialist audiences with your work
- a discussion platform with members of your target audience (eg British Science Association Youth Panel)
- development of communication skills and creative thinking
- increased confidence in engaging non-specialist audiences with your work
- small budget available to develop your activity
- a chance to dismiss stereotypes around engineering and show its impact on our everyday lives
- free professional development for your engineers in communication and other transferable skills such as planning, team work and networking, tailored to your time constraints
- a chance to engage different audiences with your engineering work and raise your profile
Who has worked with us before
Good, helpful advice. Cheers!
Engineers: Engage! is supported by an Ingenious grant from:
Get in touch: