Below are download links to some of our key policies and useful information for volunteers and volunteer managers. If you have any questions about volunteering with the British Science Association please contact Sabah Adams in the Engagement team.
British Science Association policies
Volunteer Policy (pdf)
Reward and Recognition Policy
Volunteer Leaving Questionnaire
Problem Solving and Dispute Resolution Policy
• Volunteers’ Week, the annual celebration of volunteers across England, is held 1-7 June every year. For more details visit the Volunteers’ Week website.
• Ivo.org is a social network for volunteer managers and volunteers which hosts opportunity advertisements, blogs and news.
• Trustees’ Week takes place in November and is an annual event to showcase the valuable work of trustees across the UK. More information can be found here on their website.
• This page contains lots of information for volunteers. Some of is US based but it is certainly relevant for volunteers everywhere.
• Guidance on volunteering whilst on benefits can be found here.
As volunteer managers there’s quite of lot of guidance and information out there for you.
• If you use Twitter, you might be interested in participating in Thoughtful Thursday. The weekly discussion takes place on ivo.org with a stimulus blog post, and simultaneously on Twitter using the hashtag #ttvolmgrs.
• VM is a network and resource for volunteer managers. You can find out more here or by following @VMmovement on Twitter.