The Festival for schools, colleges and apprentices
School students, FE students and apprentices in Birmingham, the West Midlands and around the country can benefit from a day at the British Science Festival in Birmingham.
**Save the date - 8 - 11 September 2014 at the University of Birmingham**
A day at the Festival aims to enthuse, entertain and educate young people aged 14 - 19. The programme for young people features:
- Workshops led by experienced scientists and science communicators
- Science shows demonstrating scientific principles in fun ways that will stay in the minds of the students
- The chance to meet and talk to real scientists working on a range of research
- Demonstrations of the wealth of careers available to those with knowledge of science, technology, engineering and maths subjects
- Opportunities and resources for teachers and supervisors to find out how to enrich the students' experience with follow-up in the classroom
The full programme will be available in April. Please complete the form to receive an email when the programme is released or a copy of the printed programme.
What do teachers say about the British Science Festival?
- “The experience of going into the science department at the university was probably the best thing. They were able to work with post graduate students who were excellent role models so I think they have a broader understanding of what going to university is about and what studying science at university is.”
- “[Students gained] An insight into possible careers in science and the chance to meet young adults full of enthusiasm for what they do.”
- “ [It showed] That science can be fun and entertaining and it switched on one very switched off pupil.”